The secret to a great Keto burger is not to focus on what you leave out ie. the bread but rather get creative and try new layers of toppings and taste.
You can create a Keto burger almost instantly by simply leaving the bun out due to the high fat content in meat alone.
I recommend adding healthy fat additions like avocados and sauted onions or mushrooms in coconut oil but bacon and cheeses are also common toppings.
The recipe and nutrient information below is for our “Keto Correctly” burger with avocados, onions, mushrooms and blue cheese.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1/4 pound Ground beef the best is grass fed beef or bison
- 1/4 onion Sliced to saute
- 1/4 Avocado Sliced or used as a spread
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms Sliced to saute
- 1 tablespoon Blue Cheese Dressing Optional
- 2 leaves Romaine lettuce In place of bun
- Create meat patty and season with desired spices (granulated garlic, Pink Himalayan Salt, Pepper, other seasons of choice)
- Sear meat patty on grill or in pan until cooked to preferred internal temperature: Rare = 130*- 140* Medium Rare = 140* - 145* Medium = 155* - 160* Well Done = 160* - 170*
- In heated skillet add coconut oil, saute onions and mushrooms with a dash of seasoning (granulated garlic, salt and pepper)
- Layer meat patty, avocado, sauted vegies on top of romaine lettuce, top with blue cheese dressing (optional) and close romaine wrap; or eat on bed of lettuce as in image above.
A seasoned burger and some avocado is a great start and base for any keto burger. Try new cuisine themes like Mexican by adding salsa and queso cheese; Italian by supplementing with low carb marinara and mozzarella; Asian by incorporating gluten free soy sauce or liquid aminos into the meat and garnishing with vegetables.